“Common Sense Is Not So Common.”
Shellie's practice emphasizes defense. She has successfully litigated a wide variety of personal injury litigation, premises liability, sexual abuse, harassment and discrimination suits, permanent injury and brain damage claims. Many of those involved wrongful death actions.
Shellie is AV rated in the Martindale-Hubbell Attorneys Directory and admitted to practice in both state and federal courts. Named as one of Washington State's Super Lawyers in 2001 by her peers and the editors of Washington Law & Politics magazine, Ms. McGaughey's practice emphasizes insurance defense. Ms. McGaughey is a native of Portland, Oregon and now resides in Bellevue, Washington with her husband and four children. She has been associated with the firm since 1987, and became a partner in 1995.
- Northwestern School of Law at Lewis and Clark College, J.D. / 1985
- University of Oregon, B.S. in Rhetoric and Communications / 1982
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Washington State Bar Association (WSBA)
- East-King County Bar Association
- Seattle-King County Bar Association
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institutes (DRI)
- Washington State Trial Lawyers Association (WSTLA)
County Appointed State Advocate (CASA)
OUTSIDE THE OFFICE
Shellie is an avid runner and lover of the outdoors. She has climbed both mount Rainier and Adams and hiked every trail she can find. Shellie also loves travel, particularly when it involves sun and sand. In the winter Shellie enjoys snow skiing with her family and in the summer water skiing with her family. She brings the same drive and competitiveness she has outside the office to her litigation.